Saturday, February 15, 2014

adventure is out there.

The word of this weekend is SPONTANEITY. My friend Maren and I wanted do something grown up. Something adventurous, something to go into the books as just great! We decided that we should visit our friend Chandler, who is going to Arizona State University. It's the perfect time right? Three day weekend, three best friends in a sunny place? What would you want more? It was decided, we were going to buy our plane tickets and fly to Arizona for the weekend, and our perfect college trip was in play.
DAY ONE: Happy Valentine's Day!!
And we're off! Maren and I were beyond excited to be flying to sunny Arizona, where it was at least 80 degrees all the time. As much love as we have for Utah, February can be kind of rough. With the lack of fresh snow, the inversion, and the grey weather... all around it is just rough. We nervously made our way though the airport, but successfully located our gate. the flight was splendid! We chatted and people around us probably thought we were super annoying but we didn't care. We were heading to see one of our best friends and we were excited! Once we landed we ran to find our dear friend Chandler. We went back to her dorm and she showed us around. We walked around campus a little and took in the wonderful sunlight. It's 88 degrees here! WE ARE WEARING SHORTS! That was a huge deal for me. Finally, I could release my legs from their jean cage! It was wonderful. We went into Scottsdale which is about 10 minutes from Tempe, where we are, and went to the mall.
We shopped and of course had to stop in the DISNEY STORE. It's a must! (I wanted to take more pictures in here, but the saleswomen weren't having it). This was the cutest store ever and I loved every second of it. The little girl inside me wanted to get everything princess related, but I don't have enough money, nor do I actually need any of that. But I can still want it right? 
We went to dinner in Old Town Scottsdale, at this place called David's Hamburgers and Mexican Food. Chandler told us that they had the best hamburgers, and I was very skeptical. Not that I didn't trust her, because I do but this place just did not seem like it would have the best burgers ever. But let me tell you it has the best hamburgers, I've ever tasted. It was incredible! This had to have been the burger in the world. After being stunned by this amazing burger, we went to the Sugar Bowl! Just like in Arthur. It was darling. Homemade ice cream and the service was pristine. I felt like I had step right into the 40's, like I was going to see Danny and Sandy at the table over sharing a Strawberry Milkshake. It was super cute! I hope we go back again because I could eat ice cream there everyday.
Then we walked around Old Town Scottsdale. A night on the town! A perfect way to end Valentine's with my favorite people. In a town all lit up and alive with a mix of all kinds of people. People in love, out with friends, and even some people were alone. That was kind of sad, but hey everyone celebrates in there on way. It was perfect to be with people I love and who love me. There was just such a variety, and it was nice to somewhere new. Tomorrow is a new day and I'm super stoked to see what we end up doing.

Until next time,
-O

No comments:

Post a Comment