Wednesday, April 1, 2015

bonjour, paris.

Is it real I am here???

Spring break was unreal. We started in Paris on Friday morning! You know how I love early morning flights. They are great. 

But landing in Paris made up for the fact that I was crazy tired! We spent the late morning walking around Paris and admiring the gorgeous architecture, later in the afternoon when we decided to go back to our apartment, Chandler told Sarah, Crystal and I to wait a second. She ran a head a few feet and just started yelling "hey guys! Meg whit!" My first thought: who on earth is Chan shouting at! Second thought: Megan (our roommate) is still in Rome, unless she changed her plans. So I decided to follow Chan and see what was going on. A few steps in I realized what what happening. I stopped dead in my tracks once I saw Whitney and Megan. I immediately fell to the ground and started bawling, like a baby. I'm embarrassed to be writing about it now but it's okay I cry all the time! It honestly was the best way to start of the break. I never thought they would come! Meg and Whit had been planning the trip with Chan since February. They seriously are the best and I don't know what I would do without them. 

We spent the day chatting and walking around Paris. Meg and Whit had serious jet lag so we took it easy. We had a great dinner and so much fun. I was stoked to have them in Paris with us.







Reunited and it feels so good. 



Paris is absolutely breathtaking. I have been dreaming about Paris ever since I was a little girl. I have a black and white of Paris and the Eiffel Tower is all lit up. My mom gave it to me for my 18th birthday, and I never pictured myself actually going. You know you always dream and pray you'll get there but to actually feel your dreams come true was a serious blessing. It made me realize how far I've come and all of he hard work from me and everyone around me to get me there. Paris was perfect and surpassed every expectation I had. 



Rachel + Monica 5ever
Okay kids... here it goes. Remember in Greece how I swore of the Selfie Stick? Well.... I can say I'm now a proud owner and I freaking love it. I don't know how I was able to live without it for so long! You can get all different angles! Ours connects to the Bluetooth and you click a button and it takes the picture, so I'm feel pretty swaggy with our cool Selfie Stick. So of course we had to christen the stick. So below you will find selfies galore because we now can show more of our faces and the backgroud. Cream of the crop, right here ladies and gents. 




We saw the Moulin Rouge, Sacre-Coeur, and Montmartre. Which are all in the same general area. Montmartre is the arty district, where Picasso, Monet, Dali, van Gogh and many other amazing artists worked and lived in the early 20th century. Monday we saw Notre Dame and the Eiffel Tower! Both amazingly beautiful!










View from the top




Tuesday... the day we had been waiting for. DISNEYLAND PARIS!!!!! Holy crap. So magical! We all know Disneyland is the happiest place on earth, and it's the truth!!! Even in Paris! It's the happiest place! 











Happy St. Patty's Day! 
We got back to the apartment exhausted, but seriously grinning ear to ear! Walt, you genius. You rock my world, thank you!  




Marie's Room
Hall of Mirrors
The Palace of Versailles and the beautiful golden gates. Stunning! We took a tour of the palace and learned all about Marie Antoinette and her weird little husband Louis XVI. When I was younger I always wanted to be her, I mean she has her own room and she was queen!! She was the coolest and had the perfect life. What Little Liv didn't know is that Marie Antoinette was a terrible, selfish ruler... So once I had come upon this knowledge I didn't want to be her anymore. I figured I'd become a better queen with a bigger palace, and be the best ruler in all the land. 



The Love Lock Bridge. So much love. What is more romantic than coming with your significant other and placing a lock to be there forever and throwing your keys in the Seine. A symbol that your love is everlasting and nothing can break/open it. As a symbol of our kick a$$ friendship cause ain't nothing breaking our bond, Chan and I put a lock on the bridge. It was quite romantic, and special. A moment we share forever. 


See what we did there?? 



The French really out do themselves with their pastries. I had at least 2 pastries a day, cause I couldn't get enough!! On our last day we saw the Louvre and walked around and... got more pastries. Paris was amazing. Six days of perfection. I was with the people who I love and reunited with two of my best friends. You could say that Paris was a great package deal. I miss Paris dearly and can't wait until I can go back. Hopefully with more knowledge of French and abundance of money. Thank you Paris for being so lovable and for surpassing every expectation I had. Paris holds the key to my heart.
xoxo


Until next time (Paris),
-O




No comments:

Post a Comment