Wednesday, April 1, 2015

here today... gondola tomorrow.

Props to my main chick Chan for coming up with the title. Thanks for your hilarity lady, keep it up.

Spring Break pt. 2 Venice baby! Once we left Paris, we hit up Venice. It is beautiful, small, but very pretty. The streets are literally all water! I thought there would be one normal street, but I guess I was just missing something. This city almost seemed vacant of Italians and full of tourists. The majority of income that the city gets its from tourism. It's waaay too expensive to live there, and the city is might sink in 3 years, so lots of the houses were vacant. Which is really sad because the city is beautiful!

Gelato is lyfe





Story time... Gather round kids! So after a whole afternoon of looking at little shops and taking in the general splendor of things, we decided to take a gondola ride. Chan and I were waiting for Crystal and Sarah to meet us after they were done shopping. We were waiting by the gondolas and I noticed a man looking our direction. I turned to Chan and voiced my opinion, Me- "I think he's looking at us" Chan- "I really hope he isn't" We turn back to look at the beautiful view of the water we now see the man climbing over all the gondolas. I kid you not, like serious climbing. He then makes it to where we are standing and sits down on the wall next to us. He introduces himself and asks us where we are from. Marco, then informs us that we both are very beautiful and he wants to take us out to dinner and then a gondola ride. He looks really intensely at us and softly says "bella bella. molta bella." I think he likes us. Chan tells Marco that we sadly have to decline the offer because we are waiting for our friends and we have dinner plans. He shakes both of our hands very softly and then says "bella bella" again. So he really likes us.... Yikes. He pulls out a card and asks for a pen, he gives us his email and phone number because he would really like to see us again. Like really wants to see us the next time we are in Venice. So if anyone wants a dinner and a gondola ride from Marco the next time they are in Venice, hmu! Thanks Marco, for inviting us on a piliga-date. It means the world!  So we got hit on by an older man, like mid-late 30's, who wanted to date us.... cool. Not weird at all

Not Marco.. if you are wondering



Our second day in Venice we went to Murano, The Glass Island, and Burano, The Lace Island. Burano also has really vibrant houses so it was really fun to see the colors bounce off the water. To get from island to island, we took a water bus which was cool, kinda scary, but cool. We got to see more of Venice this way because we would drive (float) past the other islands like the cemetery island and the hospital island. 









All in all spring break was a knock out. I love spending time with my friends, even though we all may get a little annoyed with each other every once and a while. I can't believe that I am half way through this semester and I have loved every second of it. I can't wait for what lies ahead. 

Until next time,
-O

No comments:

Post a Comment